Metaware Privacy Statement
Who are we?
Since 1996, Metaware has built up a position as a producer and supplier of quality management software. Since 2009, we have been supplying cloud solutions,including mobile apps. From our office in Groningen we tap into the experiences of our users to continuously develop our products and services. Getting better with every day. If the use of Metaware cloud solutions makes a sustainable contribution to the success of our customers, we have achieved our goal. That's what we’re all about, that's our passion.
At Metaware we strive to protect and respect your privacy in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR or AVG). This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use this information, the conditions under which we may share this information with others and how we protect this information. This privacy statement applies to the use of our products and to our activities for the sale, marketing and execution of the contracts with the customers. The privacy statement also applies to people who apply for a job with Metaware.
Your privacy is guaranteed at Metaware. Our website and our services are based on the best practices for information security. Metaware have specialist with knowledge of information security standards like ISO 27001 and NEN 7510. Metaware B.V. is the administrator of your data. If so desired, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email: helpdesk@Metaware.nl.
When do we collect personal data?
- When you use our products.
- When you communicate with us in person, in writing, by telephone, via social media or via our websites.
- When we collect personal information through other, legitimate sources, such as external data collectors, Metaware marketing partners, partners, public sources or social networks. We will only use this information if you have given these sources permission to share your personal information with others.
- When this serves a legitimate interest and if this interest does not need to give way to your privacy interests. Before data is collected, we make an analysis to determine whether there is a mutual interest for you and Metaware.
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect and use personal information primarily for the execution of direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and job applicants or employees of our company.
We can use your information for the following:
- To send you the requested marketing communication. This may include information about our products and services, events, activities and promotions of our partners' products and services.
- To send you information about the products and services you purchase from us.
- The execution of direct sales activities when a legitimate and mutual interest has been identified.
- To provide you with information about the content and location of a webinar or event for which you have registered.
- To answer a contact or other web form that you have filled in at Metaware.
- To monitor incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats or phone calls).
- To provide access and services that are part of a (test) account of Metaware.
- To make access available to the community of Metaware.
- To meet contractual obligations, such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders and the like. The contract can be concluded directly with Metaware or with a Metaware partner.
- To warn you about a failure in our service (system messages).
- To contact you to get your opinion on our products and services.
- To process a job application.
Legal basis for the collection of personal data.
Collection of personal data based on contracts
We use personal information to fulfil our obligations arising from the contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
We may use personal information if it serves a legitimate interest and if the privacy interests of the parties involved do not outweigh this interest. Usually, in order to determine whether there is a legal basis for data collection, we have made an analysis in which a mutual interest for both Metaware and the individual person has been established. This legal basis is primarily related to sales and marketing purposes. We will always point out your privacy rights and inform you about the purpose for which we collect personal information.
Which personal data do we collect?
We collect, in addition to the name and contact information of your organization, your name, telephone number, function and email address if relevant. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions we have received from you through service-related communications and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, chats and emails. Through our applications and websites we can collect IP addresses and activities undertaken on the sites.
If you apply for a job at Metaware, we collect the information you provide during the application process.
How long do we save your personal data?
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data was collected, taking into account that we must be able to answer your questions or solve possible problems and comply with the legal requirements of the applicable legislation, as well as be able to deal with legal claims / complaints and protect the data.
This means that we keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data we have collected is no longer needed, we will delete this data in a secure way. We may process data for statistical purposes, however, in such cases the data is anonymized.
Rights with respect to your personal data
You have the following rights with regard to your personal details:
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that Metaware has of yours.
- You have the right to ask Metaware to correct your personal details if they are incorrect or outdated.
- If you are a customer and you use Metaware cloud solutions, you can ask to update your user profile.
- If you are a partner and use the partner portal, you can request us to edit your data.
- You have the right to request the removal of your personal data when Metaware no longer needs to retain this data.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Please note that you may still be able to receive system messages and administrative communications from Metaware, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about activities within your account.
- You have the right to ask Metaware to provide your personal information and, if possible, to pass this information directly (in a transferable format) to another data manager when the processing is based on permission or a contract.
- You have the right to request the limitation of further data processing in the event of a dispute relating to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data, if the data processing is based on legitimate interest and / or direct marketing.
You may send your questions about your privacy rights to helpdesk@Metaware.nl.
Information about website navigation includes standard information from your web browser, such as the browser type and the browser language, your IP address (and possibly company name and address) and the executed actions on the websites of Metaware, such as the pages viewed and the links that were clicked on.
This information is used to make websites function more efficiently, to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site and to collect data, such as browser type and operating system, requested page, the user path followed through the site, domain of the ISP, etc., to gain a better understanding of the use of a website by visitors. Cookies and similar technologies help us to tailor the website to your personal needs, but also to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If they are used independently, cookies and web beacons cannot personally identify you.
Who do we share your data with?
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your information with any third party without your permission, with the exception of the following:
External suppliers who work for us:
We may pass on your information to our distributors, agents, subcontractors and other related organizations, so that they can offer you services on our behalf.
External product providers who we collaborate with:
In case of a legal obligation:
We will disclose your personal information if this is a legal obligation or if, as a company, we reasonably suspect that release is necessary to protect the rights of our company and / or to comply with legal proceedings, a court order or judicial procedure. However, we will make every effort to ensure that your privacy rights remain protected.
Use of subcontractors (processors and subprocessors)
We can use subcontractors to process personal data on our behalf. We are responsible for ensuring that these subcontractors comply with this privacy statement and the applicable data protection legislation by having them sign a data processing agreement (DPA). In the event that the subcontractor processes personal data outside the EU / EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU privacy framework, the EU standard contract clauses for the transfer to third countries or another specifically mentioned legal basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
When a new subcontractor is added or there is a change of subcontractor who is related to our service, customers will be informed about this in accordance with our processing conditions. A list of approved subcontractors is part of our processing conditions, which is available on our website.
Modification of this privacy statement
Metaware reserves the right to change this privacy statement at any time. The most current version is always available on our website. We ask you to regularly check this privacy statement to be sure that you are happy with any changes. If we make changes that entail a significant change to our privacy statement, we will notify you via email or a notification via our applications.
Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which your personal details have been processed, you can contact us in the first instance via helpdesk@Metaware.nl.
If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to appeal directly to the national supervisor for a decision. In that case, you can contact the Personal Data Protection Authority via www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en